When you join EmpowHER, we say you're joining a family for life. That's one of the reasons it’s important to us that we create accessible opportunities to engage with and further invest in all of our alumnae, all the time. We know our alumnae are our fiercest champions, and that they have the drive and passion to create positive change in their communities. Some of our other opportunities for continued investment and participation include:
- Attend our annual Breaking Barriers event, held in November in Washington, D.C.
- Serve on the EmpowHER Recruitment Committee, promoting EmpowHER when we launch applications to your current university, alma mater(s), sororities, current/past internships, and more!
- Serve on Application Review Committees (ARCs) to select the next cohort of BA Women
- Make alumnae welcome phone calls to those who get selected into EmpowHER
- Attend EmpowHER programming and events—deepening your connection to future generations of BA Women.
I am so glad that I got to become part of the BA Women’s Alliance family; it has already been incredibly valuable in preparing me for the next steps in my career.Ellie Fratt, 2016 BA Woman
- Serve on our Alumnae Council or Board of Directors. Appointments last three years, and if not selected in one cycle there are tons of opportunities on ad hoc committees.
- Write for one of our blogs: Catching Up, Women &, or BA Women’s Words; read and contribute to our alumnae newsletter
- Be featured on our social media channels for your personal and professional successes (simply be sure to tag us for a share!).
- Share (or search for!) opportunities (fellowships, job opportunities) with your fellow BA alumnae in our LinkedIn group, exclusively for EmpowHER alumnae
- Ask questions of the BA community (“Has anyone taken the LSAT? Where do I start?”)
- Provide your ideas and feedback. The Alliance exists BECAUSE of YOU! Your ideas and feedback are what makes us US!
Sign up for the EmpowHER Newsletter.